Ahhh. September. Its that perfect time of year when the weather is just right. Warm summer days transition into cool summer nights as the season comes to a close. But don’t put away your garden table and chairs just quite yet! This is the perfect time to eat outdoors. Grab your chunky knit sweater, turn up the Michael Bublé song on your iPod, open up a bottle of wine and enjoy this yummy pizza recipe and those last few nights under the summer stars before we turn the clocks back.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups artichoke hearts- quartered, and drained
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. blue cheese chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- Place a baking stone in the oven and preheat to 500ºF (260ºC). Dust a rimless baking sheet with the cornmeal. Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out half of the dough into a rough oval about 12 inches (30 cm.) long and 1/4 inch (6 mm.) thick. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Heat oil and garlic in a small skillet over low heat until garlic begins to sizzle, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush dough with the garlic and oil. Top with chicken, artichokes, mozzarella cheese, and blue cheese, dividing evenly. Season with pepper and half of the tarragon.
- Bake 1 pizza at a time, 10 to 12 minutes each, until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with the remaining tarragon.