Say goodbye to your winter blues by gathering your besties and throwing a pre-spring wine party with delicious food and a few of your favorite bottles of wine. Assign each friend or couple with a country and have them bring a prepared dish paired up with a bottle of wine that’s reflective of that region. Ask them to prepare the meal before they arrive so everyone can enjoy their creations over good conversation and wine from the moment they arrive. Sprinkle in some decor from the list below for a stylishly chic ambiance and don’t forget the dessert!
1. Use the soft glow of candlelight to create a warm, inviting setting. Group them in odd numbers and at various heights around the room and scatter in the center of the dining table. Keep things bright with white candles and try mixing in a few of spring’s trendy mint color.
2. A stylish tray is perfect for serving glasses of bubbly to welcome your guests as they arrive. Look for one in this spring’s hot new chevron pattern.
3. Serve cheese, meats and spreads on a chalk board so your guests know the names of each cheese. I love the rustic feel of the one above.
4. Find a simple table runner that you can use again and again. Try burlap and lace for effortless style.
5. Give things a fresh new look by adding greenery to your home. This simple reminder that spring is on its way will add a nice pop of color and invite a zen like energy to any room. Not to mention, there are added health benefits to having plants in the home like reduced stress, less headaches and contaminants. Research shows that plants can even help fight colds! Try adding potted plants instead of flowers along your table top for decor that will last beyond your night in.